THE ROLE OF COMMERCIAL BANKS IN A DEPRESSED ECONOMY.
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the study
1.3 Objective of the study
1.4 Rationale / Research Question
1.5 Significance of the study
1.6 Scope of the study
1.7 Assumption of the study
1.8 Justification of the study
2.0 Review of related literature
3.0 Methodology and research design
3.1 Sources of data
3.2 Method of data collection
3.3 Location of data.
4.0 Summary and findings.
5.0 Conclusion and Recommendation
When an economy is said to be depressed, it simply means that all the reasonable percentage of such economic activities are less active. Poor standard of living becomes order of the day of such economy because it is characterized by low per capita income.
In a depressed economy, anti-social activities are increased as a result of unemployment and lack of financial support to those that want to go school. Also in such economy, agricultural sector will not be financed and for that reason there would be poor agricultural yield. Government find it difficult to provide social infrastructures for individual and deficit budgeting becomes every year experience.
In an economy like that commercial banks role cannot be over stated. The commercial banks are expected to play a role in such economy to enhance its economic activities by loaning to individuals so as to encourage them to invest, so that through their investments they will have an income to save and do other things to help life.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STDY:
Looking at the increase in low standard of living as a result of less active of economical activities of the country, I can say that commercial banks have a need to be an instrument to help for advancement of such economy. So to wipe off the economical depression; the commercial bank has a lot of contribute as the quest for economic development of such economy needed.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE STUDY:
As the economical activities of such economy is in shamble because of the depression in its economy, commercial banks should be endeavour to provide the need of the people by improving these:
1) Social Infrastructure
2) Finding Agricultural Sector
3) Creating job opportunities for the youths.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY:
1. Find out if there is any positive contribution that may come from commercial banks to such economy.
2. To know if unemployment problem could be reduced through the activities of commercial banks to such an economy.
3. To ascertain if commercial banks has anything to do with social responsibility of an economy.
4. Knowing if the service rendered by commercial banks to the agricultural sector can go way to revive the economy.
1.4 RATIONALE/RESEARCH QUESTION.
1. To what extent does commercial bank show concern to social responsibilities?
2. Can there be contribution from commercial banks to the low standard of education?
3. Does commercial banks performance has positive effect on agricultural sector?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY:
The importance of this research work is to know the ability of commercial banks to perform its role efficient and effectively in a depressed economy and to also determine the extent of hope to such economy.
Therefore this research work is useful to:
1. Commercial banks and its management for decision-making.
2. Government bodies like central bank can use the role to enumerate in assessing the commercial banks performance towards its social activities.
3. General public who has ideal cash can make use of banks.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
commercial banks to an economy facing depression in its economical and social activities through observations and questioning; the burden to make a research work concerning the contribution of commercial bank was arose.
1.7 ASSUMPTION OF THE STUDY
This project is purely a search work carried out by me. This research work is free from bias and