MARKETING CONCEPT, ITS APPLICATION BY FINANCIAL SERVICE INDUSTRIES
(A CASE STUDY OF BROAD BANK NIGERIA LIMITED)
This study was motivated by the need to establish whether Broad Bank implement or practice the marketing concept. The customers and personnel of Bank surveyed in the study.
The research instrument used for data collection were mainly questionnaires and interview guide. Data collected were organized and analysed by putting them into tables, frequencies and percentages. The research questions were answered based on the data in the table.
Data analysis and interpretation produced the following findings.
1. Bank personnel do not reflect implementation of marketing concept in their behaviour towards customers.
2. Customers spend too much time to make withdrawals or deposits.
3. Customers are subjected to discomfort and hardship in marking withdrawals or deposits.
4. Computerization in the banks is still not working effectively.
5. The quality of services given to customers is not satisfactory.
Based on the findings, the following recommendations are put forward to improve on the quality of bank services.
1. Organizing workshops and seminar to enlighten and up date personnel knowledge and still on customer service delivery.
2. Installing new generation computers for improved services.
3. Using research to monitor customers’ satisfaction or dissatisfaction and taking remedial action.
4. Attending to customers’ problems or complaints satisfactorily and promptly.
5. Monitoring staff to ensure that they actually implement the marketing concept.
6. Ensuring and maintaining quick service delivery.
The conclusion of the study is that implementation of the marketing concept in Broad Bank is still not satisfactory but the above recommendations can be used to improve on the level or quality of services given to customers.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
TITLE PAGE i
APPROVAL PAGE ii
TABLE OF CONTENTS ix
1.1 Background of the Study
1.2 Statement of the Problems
1.3 Objectives of the Study
1.4 Formulation of Hypothesis
1.5 Significance of the study
1.6 Scope and Delimitation of the study
1.7 Limitations of the study
2.0 The meaning of Marketing Concept
2.1 Evolution of the Marketing Concept
2.2 Importance of the Marketing Concept
2.3 Recognition of Need for the practice of Marketing
Concept in Banks
2.4 Lapses Existing in the Marketing of Banking
Service in Nigeria
2.5 Application of Marketing Concept in Financial
3.0 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3.1 Population of the Study
3.2 Sources of Data
3.3 Primary Data
3.4 Secondary Data
3.5 Determination of Sample
3.6 Method of Questionnaire Distribution
3.7 Description of Data Analysis Tools
for Testing Hypothesis
4.1 PRESENTATION, ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION
4.2 Test of Hypotheses
5.0 SUMMARY OF FINDINGS RECOMMENDATION
5.1 Summary of Findings
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The marketing concept is an important management philosophy used in t he operation of business today. But before this concept came to be accepted, there were other business philosophies such as the production and selling concepts. However with the change of circumstances and prevailing competition in the business world the marketing concept emerged and came into focus.
As competition between businesses geared up it became imperative to turn attention to customers needs and wants. The marketing concept arose to challenge all other previous concept, the marketing concept holds that the key to achieving organizational goals consists in determining the needs and wants of target markets and