THE EFFECTS OF REMUNERATION ON THE PERFORMANCE OF EMPLOYEES ON THE PRIVATE SECTOR.
1.1 General Background of the Subject Matter
The public and private organization in Nigeria have different people, sort various ways of increasing the employees performance and also maintain employee loyalty “According to management, introduction and Nigeria perspective by Akpala 18 “Employees wanted raising wages and managements wanted profit and depend on productivity which is their common quest.
From the above, I can deduce that productivity is the glue which holds employee and employer together. How does an organisation in the private sector go above to achieve its objectives and maintain its employees on long time? A careful and efficient management of remuneration packages to an extent determine the progress an organization record at a given time. My experience on the private organization indicates that remuneration which is not exploitative enhance employee performance.
This does not mean that factors such as making an employee to have a sense of belonging in an organisation does not enhance performance, but an employee who gets equivalent of what he put in, in an organisation stands to perform higher .
This is because his needs of feeding, clothing, housing which ranks among the physiological needs according to Abraham Maslow’s need in hierarchy.
1.2 Problem That the Study Will Be Concerned With
There are many problems facing the private organization. These include, high labour turnover, government policy limited administrative skill, thus perception on low productivity. Yet the researcher still want to know, is remuneration of employee plays a significance role his or her performance.
What role does employers on private sector play to encourage performance in area of employee remuneration?
1.3 Importance of Studying the Area.
The importances of this research study are:-
1. To make adequate recommendations aimed at bringing harmony between organizational importance and employees performance through effective remuneration package.
2. To look into various types of remuneration, their merits and demerits.
3. The government policy on remuneration of public employee and see how it has affected those in private sectors.
4. They find it out if remuneration plays any role on the performance of employee in the private sector.
1.4 Limitation of the Study
This project does not cover the entire sector of Nigeria economy rather it is limited to the employees in the private sector.
1.5 Research Questions
1. To what extent has the government policy on remuneration of public employed affected the employee of labour in the private sector.
2. The employers remuneration contributed to the mobility of labour in the society.
3. To what extent has remuneration of employees ameliorated their problems and at the same time helps in achieving organizational goals?
4. What are the effects of remuneration on employees productivity?
Not only that the researcher used table in which the responses and the number of respondent for each group shown in percentage method.
Furthermore, it was concluded that for remuneration scheme to achieve a desired objective its implementation must not frustrate the employee. Also for employees to be loyal, the agreement reached with the management has to be adhering to the management. Where this is change the reason for such change should also be communicated to the employees promptly.
Koontz O. Donnell Weihrish, Management International student
Hikert, R. Motivating the human resources, Harvard Business.
Review (New York, 1967).