Table of content
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the problem
1.3 Objective of the study
1.4 Scope of the study
1.5 Research questions
1.6 Research hypothesis
1.7 Significance of the study
1.8 Definition of terms
2.1 Role of banking in general
2.3 Characteristics of a good policy
2.4 Procedure for taking securities for bank lending
3.0 Research methodology
3.1 Research design
3.2 Area of design
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 Sample and sampling procedure
3.5 Instrument of data collection
3.6 Validation of the instruments
3.7 Reliability of the instrument
3.8 Method of data collection
3.9 Method of data analysis
5.0 Recommendation and conclusion
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Lending is the backbone of banking activities, it generally provides the larger part of a banks profits. Thus bank have lending policies to establish the direction ad use of funds from stock holders, depositions and creditors to control the composition and size of the loan part folio, an to determine the general circumstance under which it is appropriate to make an advance. The most important purpose of an empiricist lending policy is to provide guidance for the lending officers and thereby establish prudence for the lending officer in credit appraisal so that the risk/reward ratio will be satisfactory and danger of default minimized.
The government or monetary authorities externally impose some of these policies either in the form of loans or regulations while others develop from the nature of then banking system or by convention of the trade association, which transforms into practice in the profession.
This paper will therefore, which standard trust bank is one of them, along these lines, highlighting the process of credit appraisal security accepted as collateral within the controvert imposed by other environment variables.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
Although lending policies and recovery procedures have been speculated to have important function as in achieving a good and effective system, but no empirical finding have studied this phenomena. Based on this gap in knowledge, this study will:
a. Evaluate the role of customer’s access to bank facilities on its performance.
b. Assess the influence of loan recovery procedures of banks and their performance.
c. Analyze the impact of environmentally induced lending methods on their performance.
d. Examine the role of environmentally induced recovery methods on their performance.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of the present study is:
1. To determine the role customer’s access to banks play in determining its performance.
2. To find out the extent loan recovery procedures influence their performance.
3. To analyze the role environmentally induced leading methods play their performance.
4. To examine the extent environmentally induce recovery methods play on their performance.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is delaminated to the First Bank of Nigeria Plc Okpara Avenue Enugu and Standard Trust Bank of Nigeria Plc Avenue Enugu.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
1. To what extent are banker’s performance related to customers accessibility to their facilities.
2. To what extent are banks performance related to their recovery policies.
3. To what extent are banks performance related to their environmentally indirect recovery methods.
4. To what extent are banks performance related to their environmentally induced recovery methods.
1.6 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
1. There will be a significant difference customers access to bank facilities between the high and low performing bank.
2. There will be a significant difference in the mode of loan recovery procedures between the high and how performing.