PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF MARKETING IN SMALL-SCALE INDUSTRIES IN NIGERIA
(A CASE STUDY OF WILSON GROUP OF COMPANIES NSUKKA)
This work was on the problem and prospect of marketing in small scale industries in Nigeria (A case study of Wilson group of companies Nsukka).
The researcher set out with the following objectives.
- To determine of the marketing constitute a problem to the company.
- To find out the extent to which government assists small scale industries
Three hypothesis were formulated. A review of related literature was also done to expose the researcher to what has been previously done to ensure a sound basis for the research, a structured questionnaire was developed and administered by the research to staff and management, customers/users of Wilson group of companies products Chi-square was used to test the three hypotheses formulated.
The simple size study was determined using topman’s formular for the distributors and customers, while census survey were used for management and relevant staff of Wilson group of companies.
The following findings were made
- The Wilson group of companies have marketing problem, funds inhibit their expansion.
- That the marketing problems of Wilson group of companies as a small scale industries including lack of finance, supply of enough quality of raw materials, labour management problems marketing/promotional problem. Until the government and management of small scale industries including Wilson group of companies wake-up to challenges facing them, small scale industries cannot survive and flourish sufficient number to compete with the industry of the future. The following recommendations were made
- That Wilson group of companies should improve on their produce performance by making use of research work.
Table of content
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of problems
1.3 Objectives of the study
1.4 Formulation of hypothesis
1.5 Significance of the study
1.6 Scope of the study
1.7 Definition of terms
2.0 Literature review
2.1 An over view of marketing
2.2 Definition and concept of small-scale Industry
2.3 Marketing mix for small-scale firms
2.4 Application of marketing concept by small scale firms
2.5 Problems of small-scale industries
2.6 Government polices/incentives for promoting small-scale industries
2.7 Prospects of small scale industry.
2.8 Marketing problem of Wilson Group Companies.
3.1 Research design
3.2 Sources of data collection
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 Sample size determination
3.5 Sample techniques
3.6 Instruments for data collection
3.7 Method of data analysis
3.8 Limitations of the study
4.0 Data presentation, analysis and interpretation of data
4.1 Presentation of analysis of data
4.2 Testing of hypotheses
Summary of findings, recommendations and conclusion
5.1 Summary of findings
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The desire of most developing countries including Nigeria is to have a self-reliant and resilient economy capable of generating an internally self-sustaining growth for many decades developing countries have been exporters of raw materials and importers of finished manufactured products from the industrialized west (Ukpana 91993).
Developing countries are now striving to transform their economy since the current state of the economy has made people to realize the futility in depending on paid employment for survival. Under the current economic situation, theories of economic development suggest that a