THE IMPACT OF SALES PROMOTION IN THE PURCHASE INTENT OF GOKO CLEANSER AMONG STUDENT OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC, OKO. A CASE STUDY OF DR IGUEDO GOKO CLEANSER AKWA-IBOM
The study was carried out to find out the roles of sales promotion in the purchase intent of Goko Cleanser among students of Federal polytechnic, oko . The case study of Dr. iguedo Goko Cleanser Company Akwa Ibom, Uyo. Marketing is the ,management process aimed at identifying, anticipating, analyzing and satisfying human needs and wants through exchange as efficiently and effectively as possible.
However, no matter how a product meets the requirement of the consumer, its existence has to be made for right promotional strategies which serves as an awareness creation. Chapter one dealt on the introduction of the background of the study consist of an overview of Dr iguedo Goko Cleanser company. The statement of the problem, objective of the study, significant of the study, research question and the scope of the study. Some of the problem addressed are; choosing wrong promotional tools, wrong media selection, lack of knowledge of when to carry out promotion and when not to etc. It also deals the definition of terms. chapter two emphatically dealt with the theories based on promotional mix (advertising, personal selling, sales promotion, publicity and public relations). It also considered the affordable method. This method of selling budget completely ignores the effect of promotion on sales volume. Chapter three dealt with the design of the study, the method used in collecting relevant data. It also deals with how the questionnaires were distributed and the treatment of data. Oral methods were used by the researcher to collect data for further analysis and interpretation. Chapter four was developed to a detailed analysis of data collected, finding as well as discussion on the findings. Chapter Five id the concluding chapter in which the finding, recommendation, conclusion, limitation of study and suggestion for further research were discussed.
Nigeria like every other developing countries of the world view sales promotion as one of the major policies for her company and industrial development. These reason are advised in support of this thinking.
First; it suggest that industries offer more employment opportunities to the mass population in the country.
Secondly, sales promotion is implement to attract new customer, to hold present customers to counteract competition and to take advantage of opportunities that are revealed by market research. It is made of activites , both outside and inside activities to enhance company sales. Outside sales promotion activities include advertising, publicity, public relation activities and special sale events. Inside sales promotion activities include window displays, product and promotional material display and promotional programs such as premium award and contest.
Thirdly: Sales promotion earn foreign exchange to the company a nature at large. Sales promotion in Nigeria context seem to be difficult to practice by the industries or company. This is because the feel reluctant to invest in sales promotions, they all nausea the feeling that is a waste of accumulate interest and furthermore, this sales industries find it difficult to go into a large sales promotion could be traced easily from the flourishing enterprises and small scale industries.
Fourthly, Sales promotion includes several communication activities that attempt to provide added value or incentives to consumers, wholesalers, retailers or other organization customers to stimulate immediate sales. These efforts can attempt to stimulate product interest, trial or purchase.
Therefore, it is no doubt that when consumers are aware of a product they would like to try it thereby increasing the awareness of the company product.
1.1 Background of the Study
Dr. Iguedon Goko cleanser is one of the companies that realize the impact of sales promotion and sales attest, the impact of sales promotion to the sale managers replying to a questionnaire which states that the volume of sales they previously make before they embark in a sale promotions has new doubled thereby making up for the capital invested.
A good sales promotion help a company gains a household name within inside and outside the town in question.
Through this sales promotion the consumer will be aware of the location or the depot location of the company. It is also through the promotion that the position of the company is known and the ways of improving it and updating the product to be generally accepted by the producers and consumers.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Sales promotion is not an effective promotion for the purchase intent. Other problem are as follows:
· Organization usually encounter problems such as lack of management, known how not appointing the right and experience marketers or sales promotion experts. More sales promotion carried out by organization are usually badly organized and implemented which leads to the aim being defeated thereby having a direct effect on sales volume and profit. This problem of low sales and low demand have promoted producers to use sales promotion to compliment the use of other promotion mixes like advertising, personal selling, publicity and public relations.
· What is the level of patronage as regard the effectiveness of the promotional strategy? If the company sales promotion does not have a good patronage for the product , it will lose its target audience.
· Also, the research seek to find out the most suitable method of sales promotions of a product to enhance its acceptance by consumers.
· The company inventory management and control system is closely inefficient as a result of this, many consumer sometimes would not know the product or brand the company produces.
· In a developing economy like Nigeria, it is not enough for manufacturers to just produce and expect consumer will buy their product or services without considering what they will benefit or deprive from it. Hence sales promotion become inevitable. Manufacturers are faced with the problems of products substance and competition. So for that reason many manufacturers now attempt to stimulate and get consumers attention with customer loyalty, increase market share by using sales promotion tools on goods and services
· 1.3 Purpose of the Study
The major purpose of the study is to identify the structure, the impact of sales promotion on the purchase intent of Goko cleanser among student of Federal Polytechnic Oko, to identify some problems facing the relactance of the investors to invest in sales promotion and possible their present contribution of the growth and development of Dr. Iguedo Industry. This will serve in interested individuals in making decision regarding sales promotion for future economy development of the state.
This study will also highlight the role of sales promotion and sales recommend on measures to be used in order to improve on sales performance of an organization.
The major objective is to examine how Dr. Iguedo industry creates awareness and the impact of sales promotion in the purchase intent of Goko Cleanser among Student of Federal Polytechnic Oko.
The study will also assess the contribution and efforts of sales promotion to improve the sales of an organization.
This study will also highlight the prospect and importance of sales promotion on the purchase intent of Goko Cleanser among student of Federal Polytechnic Oko in an organization.